Merry Christmas!

Pattern: self-drafted
Yarn: Knit Pick's Brava Sport in red, white, and grass
Cost: $9


I hope everyone is staying warm and snuggly!

I have picked up knitting again, although as a craft I much more enjoy the process than the finished product. Luckily I have one very willing recipient of some winter-themed fair isle. This project helped ease the stress of final exams and pass the time while Mr. Made was away on business. It is quite fun to see all the different parts take shape and become a real picture.

I made the sweater pattern up using her body measurements, and went back to lengthen the neck after a trial wear. The color work is a combination of three different patterns, including these poinsettias, these deer, and these snowflakes, some of them just images grabbed from Pinterest. The belly is dotted with red and white, which made the increases and decreases easier to manage.

I am quite pleased with the sweater, although the lady at the fabric store suggested that I get out more often...

Happy holidays to you and yours!

6 comments:

  1. Bottom photo could be your Christmas card. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you are a great knitter (knitting eludes me completely!) Merry Christmas, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, and really skilled. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this so much! Too, too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...