Summer Scout Tee

Pattern: modified Grainline Scout Tee
Fabric: 2 yds gauze
Cost: $10

Last week was my birthday! (26!) To celebrate, of course, I had to make myself a new top. 

I bought this gauze on a whim, and I love how flowy and ethereal it looks. It's really easy to wear, and supremely comfortable. The only thing that got me in trouble was when I dipped the end in BBQ sauce at my party. 

To make the ruffle, I cut off the Scout Tee pattern at the waist and added a gathered rectangle that was as wide as I could cut it. Sew, hem, try not to stretch the crinkly fabric out too much, and done in a few hours. The garment is sewn with french seams throughout, my absolute favorite way to finish a woven top. 

For the Fourth of July weekend, we headed down to my childhood home in Santa Cruz, drank margaritas, entered the annual sand castle contest and, of course, posed for blog pictures in the garden.

Here's hoping this next year brings as much joy as the last one!


13 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! This is a lovely birthday top, and I hope the BBQ sauce comes out with no issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! Makes me want to try this pattern! Happy Birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Meg! Love your top - the fabric is beautiful and suits the ruffle you added perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday! i've thought of doing the very same thing to the scout tee, love how yours came out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! I really like the flounce on the Scout and such perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great top. I love how flirty it is.

    Happy happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love floaty gauze. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful top (peplum!), beautiful photos (especially the one sitting in the garden!), and beautiful MEG! Happy HAPPY Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Meg! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Meg! This looks like the perfect summer tee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely scout variation! Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely top. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...