Bay Area Love

Whatever frustration I have been feeling about a certain pair of pants lately has been totally appeased by some local sewing love. Out of all the international sewists in Kestrel Makes's Spring Sewing Swap, I had the good fortune of getting paired with local Melizza of Pincushion Treats. She sent me a beautiful package of white embroidered cotton, notions, and a pincushion which I immediately put into use (my old one was soo ratty!). I have a pattern in mind already, and can't wait to meet up with her soon to show off our makes!

In other local news, this past weekend I had a chance to get together with the Bay Area Sewists for a fabric swap. The group is so fun, and I always love the chance to meet up with old friends and get to know some more of the super talented ladies out there! It's like going to a party where you can always count on the topic of conversation to be your favorite thing ever-sewing!

Back row: Sylvia, me, Leah, Lynn, Angela, Ali, Alice, Meg, Ericka, Claire,
Parish, Laura, Beth, Sara, Hillary, Charlotte, Ebony
Front row: Cassandra, Lindsay, Allison, Jilly
(with a few names missing)
Photo Courtesy of Bay Area Sewists
The swap itself was also a major success for me, as I brought a whole tub filled with things and left with just two pieces of fabric (bathing suit lycra and cotton gingham!), interfacing, and a scrap of silk for costuming


Thank you to everyone who makes this such an amazing community to be a part of!

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I wish I could have made this one! Next time, hopefully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I saw your name on the list! Hope we can meet up soon :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for meetups! It was great to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! Chuleenan has been doing such a good job!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...