Ornament Exchange

Pattern: Helika's Doll Coat Pattern and Agus Younet's Clothes Hanger
Supplies: felt, embroidery floss, and a paperclip
Cost: remnants :)


To finish off the year, I signed up to participate in Kelli from True Bias's Ornament Exchange. I couldn't help but make my ornaments sewing-themed, so I made up six little jackets for the ladies in my exchange. The ornaments are machine sewn at the seams and decorated with embroidery thread by hand.

Admittedly, I'm not the best at hand sewing, but I'm hoping these little guys have just enough home-made charm to lighten up someone's Christmas tree. 





If you're interested in making your own, here's a quick tutorial. For my little jackets, I used a doll coat pattern provided by Russian blogger Helika shrunk to 25% and lengthened slightly, and a paper clip clothes hanger tutorial by Argentine blogger Agus Younet. (Click to enlarge tutorial.)


As you can see, I had a lot of fun coming up with different embroidery options for them. For someone with a bit more skill, I think they'd look really cute with little embroidered peter pan collars or cuffs. The possibilities are endless!


I packaged mine up Tuesday night to send off to everybody. Hopefully I'll have a chance to share everyone else's ornaments soon, too! (Spoiler alert, they are gorgeous!)

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...