Ruffled Collar Blouse

Pattern: Vogue's Rebecca Taylor Misses' Dress #V1226
Fabric: 2 1/2 yds Alexander Henry Fabrics in Blue Bell (cotton)
Cost: $35



Earlier this year, I bought a button-up dress with a ruffle running down the collar from Urban Outfitters. I sometimes wear it to work tucked into my jeans, but ever since I bought it I have wanted to make a similar design as a blouse. This Vogue pattern, on the other hand, kept popping up in my blog: first as a print inspiration and then, as I connected the dots, in my shopping cart during the McCall's pattern sale. Finally, I put two and two together and finished this work blouse.

Note to self: department store clothes have a way more streamlined construction than Vogue Patterns--those suckers take forever to put all the parts together. Time to start pattern making I guess...

Overall, the fit was great, although a little low-cut at the neckline. I made the sleeves full lengthed but rolled them to above my elbows to keep it casual and reduce the amount of fabric.

Check it out at BurdaStyle and PatternReview.com.

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...