Mini Bloomers


Pattern: Colette's Free Mini Bloomers Pattern. Download it here.
Fabric: lightweight fabric like silk, rayon, soft dress cotton, etc. 

I saw these cuties (with free pattern!) and I just couldn't resist. But make no mistake: they ARE mini. Over all, it's a pretty simple pattern: two pieces each for front and back, gathered at the top with two strands of elastic and at the bottom with a tie of ribbon. I used my new pattern paper (which is really more like a thin felt--slightly different from Sew Fast Sew Easy's) to trace the printed pattern pieces out and preserve them for future use. The process really isn't that hard but I rated this pattern's difficulty "intermediate" because Colette pattern instructions aren't always super clear, and the type of fabric called for makes it hard to keep ends from raveling or maintain sewing machine tension, especially for the button holes. My contrast stitching might not have been the best idea, either.

Check out my review of this pattern at PatternReview.com.

Check it out at BurdaStyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...