Geometric Blouse

Pattern: Simplicity's Pullover Blouse #3625
Fabric: Light silk fabric
Cost: $10


Looking at the pattern, I'm was little concerned that it is not exactly what I hoped, but I picked up a great black/white/red geometric silk and wanted to try out...

Because I was working with a sheer fabric that ravels a ton, I wanted to make sure I finished the seams right. I used the flat felled stitch explained in my technique section to enclose the seams so that they looked pretty from the outside and inside. I sewed mine wrong sides together so the outside of each seam has two parallel stitches. I am quite pleased with my newfound finishing skills.

The top itself turned out quite... roomy. I can't tell if I like it yet or not, but it kinda makes me look like I'm packing a few extra pounds. Nevertheless, I think the shirt is beautiful and I am so proud of my construction I can't help but wear it. Maybe with a belt or some waist shirring. The jury is still out.

Check out my review of this pattern at PatternReview.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...