Creamsicle Dress



Pattern: McCall's Misses' Dresses #M5652
Fabric: Muslin (bodice and slip) and Cotton (skirt)


Sometimes a pattern just needs a little imagination (and a lot of squinting) to be seen for what it truly is: the directions for a beautiful, wearable piece. This was the case with the McCall's pattern I picked up when I bought my first sewing machine. It also happens that I am terrible at following directions (read about my first attempt at a sweater), so instead of the A-line, gathered skirt I was expecting, I came out with this much more slinky piece. Nevertheless, small added details like pockets, the lined skirt, and a double layered bodice make for a nice dress. The white fabric is muslin (which shrunk a ton!) and the orange is a fabric I picked up at one of my newly-discovered fabric stores.









Check out my review of this pattern at PatternReview.com.

Check it out at BurdaStyle!

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love this dress! I wish I could make things like this! *Correction - I wish I had the patience to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! You have a new follower as I thought I was the first careless sewer who has ever loved the craft. I'm just learning and also figuring out that a little patience goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...